Friday, September 9, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things

As I'm sitting here alone in the movie room, listening to my dogs howl while in their kennels (the cleaning people are here and it's the ONLY time they go in! Ooh so mistreated) I keep thinking to myself think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts, say it with me, happy thoughts. And so it goes. I am so happy with my life and have so much to be blessed for, why not write it down? Ok type it down. What I'm mcloving right now...

~This WEATHER! I'm a complete news junkie, yet I have been refusing to watch the weather and/or news because I'm afraid this is only temporary. I'm not ready to face the heat again.
~That Starbucks has brought back the pumpkin spice latte! In fact I have a venti sitting next to me. Just makes me want to tell mother nature, "See, it IS time for fall"
~Married life. I love being home, cooking, cleaning, baking...and everything in between.
~Evening walks with the hubs and dogs. They love the dog park and you can't beat this weather! Yep I'm still talking about the weather.
~Trying my hand at these crafty projects. So far, I've sanded and painted furniture, changed out cute knobs on our living room endtables and dressers, redecorated the living room and master bedroom and my latest DIY project is a cute wreath that is almost done. I'll show the final product of these next post.
~Our new living room floors! Why didn't we do them earlier?
~Red lipstick. To be honest, I haven't braved this fashion yet, but I'm seeing it everywhere and lurve it! Might have to go out this weekend just to see how it looks ;) latest obsession with it is when Kourtney Kardash is wearing it. I'm fair and blonde, so I'm not too sure I can pull it off.
~Etsy.com and my new interest in Pinterest. I have no clue how to navigate Pinterest, but I can tell you, from the items I see, it's amazing so far.
~Moscato wine. Discovered this sweetness in California. As a matter of fact, my bestie Jen came over last night and between the two of us we drank probably 3 liters. That's how we roll.
~Seeing all of the holiday decorations at Hobby Lobby. Gets me in the spirit and mood for sure :) we'll be in upstate New York for Thanksgiving but I'm still decorating. I'm making sure we'll be here for Christmas though.
~DIY design blogs. I have most all of the ones that are on the web bookmarked on my Ipad. I could get lost on those things for hours on end.
~Reality television. Especially Real Housewives of Bev Hills and I am practically borderline obsessed with The Rachel Zoe Project (Ba-nanas) and Dance Moms. I die.
~I'm also really digging the new song by Maroon 5 "Move like Jagger"

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! My hubby comes home and i can't wait to see him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment