Sunday, November 13, 2011

November 13th, 2009

Two years ago today, I met a man who would completely change my life in so many ways. It's crazy to think where we are now. I thank God every day for that fateful night that He brought Nick into my life. He has help me become a better person, a better woman and a loving and caring wife. I always thought I loved my life before, just the way it was...carefree, spontaneous and living in the moment. If I would've known then, what I know now, I wish he would've come to me sooner! But that only makes me appreciate him more. In the past few years we have started dating, traveled all over the world, moved in together, got engaged and got married. What's next?! Hmm...
 I know I ramble on about how much love Nick fills every piece of my heart, but in many ways, I feel I don't say it enough. These past 2 years have truly been the greatest of my life and I am so lucky I get to wake up everyday to my soulmate. And I know it can only get better, which is insane because sometimes I think we have it so good! I am beyond blessed!




The first night we met~Nov. 13th, 2009


Our wedding day~ July 23, 2011

Also, two years ago today, I lost my grandfather due to Alzheimers disease. Although he had been diagnosed with it 10 years prior, I felt in my heart he still knew who is family was and could identify each and every one of us. I lived 3 hrs away from him and my grandmother, and I didn't get to see him as often as I'd like later on in life, but I know he knew he held a special place in my heart. I have some of the fondest memories of him growing up. My grandparents house was the place to be! It held so much love, fun times and all around warm and cozy place that our family loved to interact in. My grandmother still lives in that little bitty house and it's funny to think that all of my uncles, aunts and cousins have moved to have families of their own and have way bigger houses, yet the migration for holidays and get togethers is still at the grandparents house. It was a joke for many years in our family because when he was becoming sick, he wouldn't have any recollection of what he said or asked and sometimes would repeat himself over and over. Well, the one thing he would always ask me is "Amy, do you have a boyfriend yet?" We would all laugh and my answer would still be the same. ":Nope, not yet, can you introduce me to someone?" (Kidding of course) I feel that devine intervention took place on November 13th, 2009. My grandpa sent me THE most wonderful person for me to meet. I wish Nick could've met him, but I so believe in my heart that there is a meaning for me metting my prince charming on the day my grandpa left this Earth. So, grandpa, not only did I finally get a boyfriend, he turned out to be the most incredible husband I could ever ask for. I know he'd be proud.

 My fondest memories with my grandpa and his home are:
~Swinging on the tire swing in the backyard for hours on end(which seemed like a ginormous place to me back then).
~Running up and down the creek alley ways in the back of their house catching tadpoles with my cousins Rusty and Jake.
~Admiring my grandmothers Precious Moments collection and although I knew I couldn't play with them in their locked up cabinet, I asked her almost every time I went over there to get one out for me to look at.
~Bouncing off of my grandpa's belly with my cousin Erin with our heads and springing back so far!
~Using the back of the couch as our balance beam in our Mary Lou Retton sweats with my cousin Erin because we were determined to be professional gymnasts :)
~Endless. Butter Pecan. Ice Cream. in their garage refridgerator.
~Crunching the cans and trash in their trash compactor. Which is still there and it makes me smile watching the great-grandkids doing it now.
~Always, always, always laughter. The kind that makes your stomach and sides ache.

Grandpa~ I hope your enjoying your home in Heaven. I know, without a doubt, you are cracking jokes up there and making everyone laugh. We miss you so much but know you are happy and able to remember, finally, all the fun times we all had together.

No comments:

Post a Comment